Tuesday, April 21, 2009

EDM Podcasts

Listening to the two podcasts I participated in, I thought they went well. In our interview of Dean Hayes, there were a few spots where we lagged a little and the silence appeared to go a little too long (while we were gathering our thoughts) but overall, I hope it was informative. Dr. Hayes brought some interesting topics to light, but it probably would have been helpful to discuss his topic in more detail prior to our recording, so that we had more time to prepare for better, more direct questions.

The second podcast I participated in, discussed blogging in the classroom. We seemed more prepared for this discussion and I believe it helped deliver the point we wanted to make. It's easy to critique yourself, and I found several places where I wished I would have said something a little differently, but I believe improved fluency probably comes along with experience. Overall, I was happy with our performances.

I also listened to a discussion with Dr. Harold Dodge, former Superintendent of the Mobile County Public Schools. I found this podcast very informative. They were well prepared and asked good questions, many focused on our current tough economy. There was one participant who must have been further from the microphone, because she was a little hard to hear, but everyone else was clear and easy to understand.

The fourth podcast I listened to was about the last lecture of Randy Pausch, a professor who delivered an incredibly moving speech after having been diagnosed with a terminal cancer. This group seemed very comfortable with each other, their conversation flowed as it should and they even seemed to joke with one another throughout. The highlighted some of their thoughts on the lecture and how they felt about it. At times they seemed to get off the subject of the actual lecture and could have focused a bit more on it's content. Overall, they still performed a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment