Wednesday, January 14, 2009

About Me

My name is Helen Ramsay and I was born and raised in Mobile. I worked full time for ten years before deciding to go back to school for my Elementary Education degree and although sometimes I wish I gone back sooner, I feel that I more appreciate the education process than I did when I first attended college (a really long time ago!).

I'm married and have two children - my son is 14 and my daughter is 8. They are highly involved in sports, we maintain a year round schedule - basketball, flag football, soccer, baseball. I help coach soccer and basketball, which helps me to stay involved in their lives. I know soon enough, they'll have no part of me! Between sports, their school activities and my school work, I stay busier than I ever expected.

I like to read (but don't have much time these days), I'm trying to learn golf (but my kids seem to be picking it up quicker than I am) and I love to hang out with my family and play Rock Band.

I haven't wanted to be a teacher all my life like many of my fellow students, it's really been something I've been drawn to after having my own children and seeing the reward that comes from working with younger ages. Although, now that I have decided, I wish I could hurry up and get through school so I can just start teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment